This is a message for those in the UK moaning about the cuts to universal credit. The £20 rise in universal credit was a temporary measure and over 6 months equates to £520 as this video shows.
How do the Tories sleep at night? | How do super-rich Tories like Jacob Rees-Mogg sleep at night…
10 тыс. views, 703 likes, 31 loves, 262 comments, 300 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Zarah Sultana MP: How do…
So consider this. The UK government is giving two payments of £325 over the next 6 months to the following people. (2)
You may get a payment of £650 paid in 2 lump sums of £326 and £324 if you get payments of any of the following:
- Universal Credit
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
The payment will be made separately from your benefit.
So let's look at the maths.
Over the next 6 months, many people are getting 2 payments of £325 (=£650) and £400 (3) directly to your energy company. That means you are getting £1050 over 6 months. Consider someone on the minimum wage of £9.18 per hour which works out to £19094.40 per year.
That equates to a 5% pay rise and is under review. If they repeat it next year then you’ll be getting a 10% pay rise.
Many businesses cannot afford to give more than a 1% pay rise so this is quite generous.
- How do the Tories sleep at night? https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=302984738301957
- Cost of Living Paymenthttps://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment
- £400 energy bills discount to support households this winter https://www.gov.uk/government/news/400-energy-bills-discount-to-support-households-this-winter